Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Asian Nation

This past Friday, we went to a random strip mall storefront owned by a sweet, old Korean couple to sing karaoke. They had a wireless mic there! Get with it, all hard-wired and thus restrictive karaoke venues!

Saturday, I ran errands. Last week, I bought the following for a total of $5 on Magnolia Ave.



That night, Joe and I randomly decide to go to San Diego. Justina was already there for a film festival. Simon was working on Saturday night. Joe's cousin lives down there and it's only 1 1/2 hours away, so why not! We get there and ditch the fratty bar scene for the beach.



After the beach, we went to a burrito place. The burritos are amazing out here. They also have these drinks.



The flavors are: Jamaica, Horchata and Tamarindo. I tasted each one. Not an immediate fan, but they seem popular with the locals.

The guy that helped us was awesome.



Yes, that is a gold AK-47 medallion.

I have been living like a freshman in college. Going out and then eating Jack in the Box at 3am. Freshman 15! ha. sigh.

I am still in my palm tree awe phase. The mountains and palm trees as a constant backdrop still amazes me.



It's been my bday for 1 hour. My roommates surprised me with cake and a balloon after midnight! We were watching tv and everyone left to go to Ralph's. I had no idea! I heart my 6206 roomies.

7 comments:

Nat Loh said...

where da pictures?

bittermelon said...

i LOVE horchata.

better yet, i'd like to find you in a bathtub of horchata.

happy birthday.

Unknown said...

Now you have experienced living in quite suburban Midwest, Big Apple New York, and sprawling LA. That's just about covering most landscape in America.

How good it is to be twentysomething!

Patrick said...

oh damn, this blog is still happening! totally forgot.

make a music video.

Keystofer said...

OH WOW, i'm flying out there!!! I need a break from the city!!!

bittermelon said...

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!

Rog said...

Cynthia! Wake up! All you ever do is sleep. You're so lazy all the time. Why won't you let me play in your reindeer games? Add heyrog@hotmail.com to the list of contributors already, or stop rebuking me for not contributing. Sheesh.