Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Week 3

Even though i've only been embedded for three weeks, there has been plenty of developments to report on. My main concern is that while i do have 3 Chinese roommates, none of them have agreed to make me General TSO's Chicken or Chicken with Broccoli , both of which i love, yet still have to purchase from outside sources. I think this is ridiculous and a waste of domestic resources.

Simon, now in his elderly years, has given up on wearing pants while at home and has been forcing us to watch his magic shows. His juggling skills are pretty impressive though. He combats the effects of old age by the playing the guitar at night. Sometimes he wanders into my room without warning while i'm sleeping. Each of which doesn't bother me much, but it's weird when he combines these habits.

In defiance for being placed in the storage room, Cynthia has occupied Tim's room since he has been away. It's going to be fun watching Tim try to regain his territory. I will document this event for everyone. She's also fighting back by stealing everyone's sweaters when they leave it in the living room. On the other hand, she has proved to be a useful resource for organic goods. Every night she cuts up about 3 watermelons and walks around with a tray of it for like 4 hours.

Justina, in an attempt to reduce competition for Cynthia's produce, recently tried to kill me with a kamikaze technique while driving us to Blockbuster. Lucky for me, the oncoming pick-up truck was agile enough to dodge the maneuver. Other than that she has maintains a calm demeanor. However, the complete opposite comes to the surface when you give her alcohol. It's crazy, I'll will also make it one of my goals this year to capture this phenomenon on tape so ya'll can see. She also likes to leave wrappers for things all over the house.

I'll have more updates for you all soon, as long as i can hold off Justina's assassination attempts...

2 comments:

The YINSTIGATOR said...

joe, since your 1st blog ever sucked so bad that no one decided to comment, i feel it is fitting for me to pop your blog comment cherry. wow. what is wrong with me? I'm YINsane i tell ya!

Ctown said...

Joe - I miss your blogging! Blog some more. Don't listen to Simon - this blog was awwwwsummm.